It’s Cherry Season and time for an awesome recipe with one of my favorite fruits!
Ingredients for 1 cake
2/3 cups chocolate coating
7 tbsp butter
1/3 cup sugar
1 3/8 cups flour
1 dash salt
No-Stick Cooking Spray
7/8 cups chocolate coating
5 1/2 tbsp butter
12 tbsp cream
2 egg yolk
3/4 cups sugar
1/4 cup flour
1 dash salt
1 dash chili powder
1/8 cup cane sugar
15 tbsp white wine
12 tbsp sugar
21 oz cherries
10 oz cream
1. For the dough, melt chocolate coating. Whisk butter and Sugar until it becomes creamy, then add egg and melted chocolate. Mix Flour and Salt and whisk in the chocolate mass until it becomes a dough. Form the dough to a little ball, cover it and let it cool in the fridge for at least 60 mins.
2. Prepare a 9.5 inch pan with Non-Stick-Baking-Spray and lay out the dough in it. Use a fork to make some holes in the dough and let it cool again.
3. Preheat the oven 395 Degrees. For the fudge, melt the chocolate together with the butter and cream in a bowl over water steam. Take egg, yolk and sugar and whisk it in the chocolate mix. Mix in flour and salt and pour the fudge cream onto the pan with the dough. Bake for 20 mins, then take out and let it cool completely.
4. Wash the oranges and use some of its peel and mix it with some chili and cane sugar in a small bowl.
5. Peel the oranges and squeeze them. Let the orange juice, wine, the rest of orange peel, and sugar boil in a pan, until it thickens.
6. Add cherries to the orange syrup, mix and let it cool.
7. Whip the cream. Get the cake out of the pan and put whipped cream and fruit syrup on top of it.
8. Spread the orange-chili-mix on the topping and serve.
I hope you enjoy this cake as much as I do. It is a great cake for summer birthdays and the chili gives the whole chocolate-fruity-mix a new dimension!
Let me know, what you think and if you tried the recipe!!